Thursday, August 26, 2010

2 Weeks Old!

Today is my 2-week old birthday and wow, the time has gone by fast. I mostly just sleep and eat throughout the day, but I also entertain Mom and Dad with some smiles in between. I love looking around at lights, and my favorite sound is the fountain in the backyard - it always puts me right to sleep. I also really like going for walks around the block with Dad in my stroller. I don’t find the need to cry very much, just when I’m hungry. But Mom is always there to feed and soothe me. I’ve started sleeping more in my crib - at first it was too cold and I was sure to let everyone know it. Mom wishes I would sleep comfortably on my back in the crib, for safety or something, but I really like being up against the side of the crib with my back so I don’t feel alone. My cord stump fell off when I was 12 days old, and now I’m allowed to take baths in my baby tub, but Mom is a little nervous of this, so she’s been sponge bathing me with Dad. At first I really didn’t like this, but now it’s not so bad.
Everyone tells me that my cutest features are my mouth and chin. I’ve been told that my eyes are still grayish/blue and Mom and Dad are anxiously wondering what color they will eventually be. I try to give my parents and visitors as many expressions as possible since they really seem to like it. I’ve had lots of visitors in my first two weeks - Grandma Carole, Grandpa Jim, Aunt Amanda, Aunt Debbie, Uncle Russ, Grandma Toni, Grandpa Rich, Uncle Robbie, Aunt Jenna and some of Mommy’s friends too.
I’ve been out on a few trips so far - Pinkberry, Dr. Vic’s office, East Beach Grill for breakfast, and to Hendry’s Beach. I loved the beach! The sound of the ocean put me right to sleep.
At my 1 week appointment with Dr. Vic, he said that I was looking really great. I was up to 8 pounds, 6 ounces, which made Mommy very proud. I definitely like to eat - pretty much every 3 hours. Which only lets Mommy sleep for about 2 hours in between at night, but I’ll be working on improving this as I get bigger.
Mom and Dad like to call me “their little lamb” because that’s what I sound like when I’m hungry. They also call me “lambie”. Sometimes Dad lets me cry a little longer because he thinks it’s so cute. They must think I’m pretty special because they set up a camera to watch me in my crib. Mom calls it “Kylie-TV” and keeps the screen monitor next to her side of the bed and watches it all the time. Sometimes Daddy catches Mommy watching  me on it when she should really be sleeping like me.
I really love this family that I’m a part of, and I know that my parents love me too.

-- Kylie Dawn Hulme --


2 comments:

  1. This is so sweet! I can't wait to read more updates!

    Love to you all!
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. We loved reading this post! Kylie is so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete